Eye Medical Emergencies
Seek urgent medical advice if you experience:
- Serious eye trauma / Serious eye injury
For immediate assistance in such an emergency,telephone 000 and request an ambulance.
If your concerns arise in relation to any eye related matter for example
- Acute eye pain, visual Loss or visual disturbance
during our open hours please do not hesitate to contact us on telephone 03 9836 8211, indicating a potential emergency, for advice on what action to take. Depending on the circumstances we may refer you to an ophthalmologist with an appropriate speciality.
In after hours situations we suggest that you contact:
The Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital
32 Gisborne Street
East Melbourne Victoria 3002 Australia
Tel : 03 9929 8333
TTY: 03 9929 8052
Fax: 03 9929 8062
The Emergency Department is open 24 hours a day for all patients requiring urgent care and treatment for their eyes, ears, nose or throat.
What you should take to the Eye and Ear Hospital:
- Medicare card
- Your current medications in their original containers
- Any investigations / tests you have had performed
- Any referral letters you may have
- Your GPs address and phone number