Our Optometrists are highly qualified and experienced professionals who are passionate about providing complete & comprehensive eye health examinations so that our patients can experience true vision and optimum eye health.
As a truly independent Optometry practice, our Optometrists take the time necessary to conduct complete & comprehensive eye health examinations not restricted scope examinations or appointment times dictated by a corporate office.
Our Optometrists have a passion for continuing education and applying the latest developments in eye health and vision care technology. They gain much joy in seeing the quality of life of our patients greatly enhanced as a result of vision improvement.
Susanne Joyce B.Sc.Optom.,L.O.Sc
Susanne Joyce attended University of Melbourne where she earned her Bachelor of Science in Optometry and earned her Diploma of Licentiate of Optometric Science from the Victorian College of Optometry and is a member of the Optometrists Association Australia and the Australian College of Optometry.
Susanne practices primary care optometry providing eye health and spectacle vision services to all age groups.
Susanne has a special interest in the ageing eye and low vision aids as well as the diagnosis and treatment of ocular disease conditions including age-related macular degeneration, diabetes, and glaucoma.
Favourite optical quote to patients:
“Don’t take your vision for granted!”
Monica Massimini B. Optom (Melb)
Monica trained for her Bachelor of Optometry with Therapeutics at the University of Melbourne. She is a member of the Optometry Australia Association.
Monica practices all aspects of primary care optometry providing eye health, spectacle and contact lens vision services to all age groups as well as the diagnosis and management of ocular health conditions including macular degeneration, diabetes, and glaucoma.
Monica maintains an active interest in current and emerging trends in eye wear and eye care. She has worked in various locations giving her a breadth of experience across different age groups.
Monica has special interest in:
- Contact Lenses and Ortho-K: The alternative to wearing framed lenses a ‘contact lens’ is a thin lens placed on the eye to correct visual defects. Monica is able to help with all aspects of contact lenses including Ortho-K overnight lenses and multifocal lenses.Contacts give a wider field of view and greater freedom of movement. As such they are ideal for sporting activities and day or night use. Monica enjoys prescribing Contacts for the freedom and convenience they offer to patients.
- Anterior Eye and therapeutics: Therapeutically accredited, Monica can, amongst other things, prescribe eye drops to treat conditions such as dry eye, glaucoma and conjunctivitis.
- Age related eye diseases: An eye test can lead to resolving vision issues but it can also
detect and lead to timely treatment of age related eye diseases.
Favourite optical quote:
“ Early detection saves sight! ”
Dr Catherine How B.Vis.Sci/M.Optom
Catherine graduated with a Bachelor of Vision Science and Master of Optometry from Deakin University in 2019. She is therapeutically endorsed and is a devoted member of the Optometry Australia Association.
Fluent in Mandarin, Catherine effectively communicates with Mandarin-speaking patients, addressing the diverse needs of the community. Her values are in harmony with those of JOYCE Optometrists, both dedicated to providing high-quality eye care to the community.
Catherine’s special interests include:
- Myopia control – Catherine’s focus lies in managing the progression of myopia, particularly in younger patients. She offers individualised solutions such as myopia control glasses, various types of contact lenses (including orthokeratology or Ortho-K), and atropine eye drops to help slow its advancement.
- Dry Eye – Catherine’s expertise extends to the comprehensive management of dry eye syndrome, a condition marked by discomfort, irritation and blurry vision due to insufficient tear production or poor tear quality. She is skilled in diagnosing and managing dry eye, focusing on personalised treatments and patient education to enhance ocular comfort and relieve symptoms effectively.
Outside of Optometry, Catherine enjoys long distance running, playing the piano, and travelling.
Favourite optical quote to patients:
“Your eyes are the windows to your world, let’s make sure they’re crystal clear.”
Dr Senuri Karunaratne BSc, OD (Melb)
Senuri graduated from the University of Melbourne with a Doctor of Optometry degree with Therapeutics in 2017 and a Bachelor of Science in 2013.
Senuri is a member of the Optometry Australia Association.
Senuri practices all aspects of primary care optometry providing eye health, spectacle and contact lens vision services to all age groups as well as the diagnosis and treatment of ocular disease conditions including macular degeneration, diabetes, and glaucoma. She is also therapeutically endorsed to prescribe eye drops and treat eye disease.
Senuri also works as a clinical research optometrist at the University of Melbourne, conducting Clinical Trials in the Research Translation Unit and is also involved in conducting investigator initiated and sponsored clinical trials in anterior eye research.
Outside of optometry, Senuri is an avid reader.
Senuri believes in the importance of providing “quality eye care for quality eye health” to all